Disclosure: We may receive compensation if you click on or purchase products from some of the links on this page. However this does not take away from the benefits of the content of the article which does not promote any specific commercial product. Click here for full details
Special Tomato Bruschetta
- 4 bread rolls
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. Chopped basil
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 8 black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 ¾ ounce mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice or Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. clear honey
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Place rolls on cutting board and slice each in half.
- Transfer to a toaster oven or oven to brown and crisp.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place butter, garlic and chopped basil into a small mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Once rolls are toasted, spoon garlic mixture onto each half.
- Pour boiling water into a large bowl, slice a small cross shape at the base of each tomato and place in boiling water.
- After tomatoes soften, remove and peel the flesh away from the tomatoes.
- Once flesh is removed, chop into small squares.
- Pour diced tomatoes, tomato paced, and olives in mixing bowl and blend together.
- Spoon onto rolls.
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice and honey together.
- Drizzle mixture over tomato covered rolls and light place mozzarella slices on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place rolls on baking sheet and place in oven.
- Melt cheese for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer rolls to a platter or tray and garnish with basil leaves.