Please click here to read our Disclosure statement
Special Tomato Bruschetta
- 4 bread rolls
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. Chopped basil
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 8 black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 ¾ ounce mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice or Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. clear honey
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Place rolls on cutting board and slice each in half.
- Transfer to a toaster oven or oven to brown and crisp.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place butter, garlic and chopped basil into a small mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Once rolls are toasted, spoon garlic mixture onto each half.
- Pour boiling water into a large bowl, slice a small cross shape at the base of each tomato and place in boiling water.
- After tomatoes soften, remove and peel the flesh away from the tomatoes.
- Once flesh is removed, chop into small squares.
- Pour diced tomatoes, tomato paced, and olives in mixing bowl and blend together.
- Spoon onto rolls.
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice and honey together.
- Drizzle mixture over tomato covered rolls and light place mozzarella slices on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place rolls on baking sheet and place in oven.
- Melt cheese for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer rolls to a platter or tray and garnish with basil leaves.